Thursday, December 18, 2008

flurry of wings - Dec 18


flurry of wings - Dec 18, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

there is a trail that curves in the trees alongside the river
in the winter if you pause by one of the many birdfeeders hung from branches
you are suddenly surrounded by hopeful, fluffy chickadees sometimes with a few nuthatches sprinkled in
my friend the naturalist said, "you know, if you bring your kids down here with some birdseed, the birds will eat right out of their hands"
she was right.
it was worth the numb toes and chapped fingers
for the magic and the smiles

No comments:

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus