Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day July 1!


Happy Canada Day July 1!, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

142 years old.
We became a country on July 1 1867.
The fireworks were spectacular and my family was lucky enough to be invited to watch from the enclosed patio of one of the large buildings that have a very good view!
This was taken with my hand held 5d - i like it better than any of the ones I took using my tripod! It was a great evening and I was so thrilled to have the opportunity!
Now I want to go to the International Freedom Festival that is the joint celebration of Canada Day and U.S. Independance Day held by Detroit, Michigan, and Windsor, Ontario. A massive fireworks display is held over the Detroit Rier, the strait separating the two cities. Hundreds of thousands of spectators attend. Or, maybe I could got to the Friendship Festival, a joint celebration between Fort Erie, Ontario, and neighbouring Buffalo, New York, of Canada Day and Independence Day.
Or both, I love fireworks!

No comments:

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus