Wednesday, July 22, 2009

found and then lost Jul 22


found and then lost, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

nearly every week
my husband and I meet up with friends to go for a long bicycle ride
exploring the different areas of the city
on this particular evening
I stopped when a little, golden bunny darted across the road in front of my bicycle and into the front yard of a house.
It was a baby and obviously an escaped pet - so I spent a few minutes
trying to catch it so that I could try and find it's home and if not, get it home and it would live with us. My children would not have minded.
It was very tame and I was very close to getting it, when the door of the house opened and a very young women leaned out and asked me to leave the wild rabbit alone. I asked her if she was sure it was wild and she was very firm that it was. I was dubious but felt uncomfortable pushing the issue and reluctantly climbed aboard my bicycle and pedaled off. Not before I took some pictures though. Looking at it again. I don't think it is a wild rabbit at all.

No comments:

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus