Sunday, April 19, 2009

a view from a road trip


a view from a road trip, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

making time as best we can
pushing the speed limit a little
rolling across tarmac
that shines like water in the distance
still hours to go
but when I make that sound
that sudden intake of breath
he looks at me
"you want to stop?"
...
"no" I say, "we shouldn't"
he smiles and finds a turnaround on the busy highway
and then I am running through the stubbled grass of the ditch
camera in hand
capturing the old buildings
that sink slowly
into the yellowed sea of the prairie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collection of browns and yellows

Anna Scott Graham said...

oh, I'm so glad you did!!!

Unknown said...

true love!!!

and a wonderful shot.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

What a wonderful story. This makes me happy for you and your man and what you have together.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus