Tuesday, May 12, 2009

mirror mirror


mirror mirror, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

I am working my way through the book Photographing Children by Ginny Felch and Allison Tyler Jones - and I am liking it very much.

At the end of each chapter there is an assignment. This one is the first -

"Now that you are more aware, create a children's portrait that reflects some of who you are and your style."

I thought about that a lot and when I saw my own daughter lying on the warm earth, breathing in the new grass and soaking up the sun - I was flung back into my own ten year old body doing exactly the same thing, eyeing a horizon that was both so close and yet so distant - and I threw myself down to take a picture that was really all about me!

iso 100 - f2.8 - 1/2000 - 70mm

3 comments:

Lew said...

Great shot! Your photos of your kids are all well done. Isn't it a good feeling to take a photo that takes you back to a pleasant place in your own life?

The Family McCallum said...

I love the picture! I love childhood. I am so happy she is able to be the sweet little girl she is! Awesome pic! xoxox

Anna said...

this is STUNNING!!!!

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus