Friday, July 25, 2008

spirograph shine


spirograph shine, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

It is near the end of July,
I know this because of the heat and the sun and....
because of the school supplies that are filling the shelves at the stores and...
because it is hard to find stepping stones, bathing suits and sun umbrellas...

I never remember this from season to season,
and still find myself nonplussed, as I stand in the fluorescent lit aisles,
and stare at those bathing suits when what we need is mitts or winter boots
and the snow is piling up out in the parking lot.

And today, I was startled twice, once when I realized that looking for a sun shade in July was an audacious thing to do
And then again, when we found one, and on sale!
and some $3 towels too.

I believe the ice cream tasted sweeter as we huddled under it, hiding from the sun.


(P.S. lovely, lovely, lovely new banner was created for me by the talented Strawberry Creek! Thank you so much! An unexpected and deeply pleasing surprise in my email today.)

3 comments:

concretegodmother said...

a perfect descriptor -- spirograph! what lovely detail.

jo(e) said...

Lovely photo.

I am always surprised when I go into a drugstore in August to buy more sunscreen -- and find someone setting up Christmas trees and tinsel garlands.

StrawberryCreek said...

wow! you are so, so, so welcome. thank you.

and where did you get the sun shade? i need one!! mine died and was found belly-up in the garden. last year. i really need a new one.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus