Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Crystals in the soup pot


Crystals in the soup pot, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

"Where is our other good soup pot?"
At this point, I was getting freaked out. I mean where could it have gone?
It was nowhere to be found in the kitchen or even on the main floor.

My husband's eyes lit up - "Hey, I think I know where it is!" And down the basement stairs he went, returning, victoriously waving the pot at me, only a few seconds later.

No, he hadn't put it there, that was me.
When the humidifier thingy on our furnace started leaking copious amounts of water onto the floor by the furnace, I had grabbed it to use to catch the leak.

And forgotten about it for a few weeks, and in our dry climate that was all it took to have these crystals form in the bottom of the pot.

Using my 100mm fixed lens, which is good for both macro shots like this and for some kinds of portrait shots.

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

What a cool texture!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

amazing! too bad about the soup pot but it's a great picture.

Scrivener said...

That's a fantastic macro.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus