Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In The Alley


In The Alley, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

We found this tree, not much more than a bush really, caught by security bars against the window in an underused building.

Who hung the Christmas balls, tinsel and ribbon on it?

I can imagine stories about that, but I won't likely ever know.

There it was, off an ally, to the side of an empty lot, in an area that could be called the "inner city".

Where the poorest live and where many of the people that used to be in mental health facilities were "mainstreamed into society" ended up.

Stats: canon 30d/70-300 telephoto/shutter 1/40/f.5.6

4 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

Cool!

angelfeet said...

It does make you wonder who might have placed them there. Nice photo.

Ampersand said...

such a fantastic capture!!!

I love the idea of life finding a way to thrive (survive?) there and then someone appreciated it enough to decorate it.

Makes my day.

concretegodmother said...

Ever on the lookout for beauty in the city. This works nicely.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus