Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a bird in the .....


a bird in the ....., originally uploaded by gawdessness.

Bronze canary in the bird lady's hand.

We have two of these little creatures now...rather my oldest daughter does.

This afternoon the lady who allowed us to have them came for tea and a visit.

She seemed quite pleased (and relieved) that they are healthy and happy with us. Quite a character and in her 80th year, it was really nice to have her over.

This is Taichi (we think it is Japanese for flame), the very orange male, his girlfriend is Sora (Japanese for sky) is not quite so brightly decked out but lovely just the same.

Canon Rebel xti, shutter 1/30, f2.8, 100mm, iso 400

12 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

oh my!!!!she's really flame-colored!!!! beautiful :)

Billie said...

Beautiful!!!!!

concretegodmother said...

aw! it's cute! i love pudgy birds!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

You are so amazing. I love the one you called "finger brush" on flickr. Your flowers are just beyond.

Sandie said...

Pretty little bird and a neat shot. It shows how small and delicate the bird is compared to the human hand that holds it.

Anna said...

What incredible colour! Turtle Girl must be so happy. :-D

So how do the dogs take to them?
A.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Where have I been? I've missed 4 great photos! I love the little birdy, and the clarity of the hand. Great shot.

marianne said...

oh my! what a stunning creature! I never knew there was such an animal - lovely photo!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful bird! I knew a bird lady once :) Hope we can look forward to more pics of them...

Susan said...

This is such a moving photo. She looks so... content.

Sandy said...

Really nice shot (and title!). I love the contrast between the hand and the bird.

Ampersand said...

I've never seen a bird like that. What a cool thing for your daughter.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus