Wednesday, March 5, 2008

south riverbank


south riverbank, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

You know you are running with the right people when they insist on stopping and waiting so that you can take a picture in the middle of a run!

...and it may not look like it but spring is coming.

Canon powershot g5, shutter 1/1250, f3.2,focal length 230mm, iso 50mm

Pigeon update - it is still alive and seemingly quite perky. So perky in fact that when my oldest daughter put it in a box so that she could change the cage liner - it flew out and then ran around the room in an extremely vigorous manner - which bodes well for a release back into the urban wilds, possibly tomorrow.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the shadow of the bridge on the ground! Sounds like you run with a great group of people.

Billie said...

This is gorgeous! I'm impressed that you run in the cold!

Karin said...

I'm impressed that you run in the cold and the snow and the ice, too!

concretegodmother said...

i love the running water through the middle. lovely shot, and lovely running partners!

Anna said...

Nice to see the G5 coming in handy!

Nice view. :-)

A.

Yankee, Transferred said...

This is terrific! Plus I've loved catching up on the last few days-the snowflakes! Quite impressive.

angelfeet said...

It must be fantastically invigorating to run in the cold and the snow and the ice. It's a wonderful photo, with the combination of curves and hard lines.

nadia said...

omg! I wish I was there! beautiful!

Sharon said...

what a beautiful view! The thought of running in that kind of cold makes my chest hurt - you are quite a woman! :)

Andromeda Jazmon said...

That is a really beautiful shot. I'm glad your running friends saw the beauty in it.

marianne said...

I'm not only impressed that you run in the snow and cold, but that you run with your camera! beautiful shot - I love the shadows.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus