Friday, March 14, 2008

palm'd ice


palm'd ice, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

Driving snow is what we have here right now.
Pelting down.

Except and this is a little odd to think about, it was also the big, fluffy, airy beautiful flakes that usually drift slowly to the ground.

Which meant me, my tripod and my 100mm macro lens were out on the front step, freezing my fingers off and offering up further proof to the guy who lives next door, that I am really weird.

This time he didn't even ask me what I was taking pictures of - last time he did, I answered "the light" and he just stared at me and then walked away.

rebel xti, shutter 1.6, f6.3, 100mm, iso 100

14 comments:

Scrivener said...

Thanks for freezing your fingers off for us. These are great!

Sharon said...

*Gasp* Absolutely breathtaking!! I agree with Scriv, thank you for freezing!!! :)

Karin said...

That is just so amazing! Awesome!

Anna said...

Amazing picture! Well done. :-D

Sandie said...

Great shot. I could look at snow flakes all day.

Susan said...

That is just incredibly beautiful and awesome.

Billie said...

THis is just amazing!!!!! I've never seen one so close before. Thanks for doing this.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha..........guess that's every photoblogger's experience!!! :)

love the way you take pains to bring these delightful images to us. I am so in love with macro shots....some day i will invest in a DSLR! sigh!!!

bsouth said...

I love that picture. I can't remember the last time we had snow (early last year I think) and I don't think we're due any so it's nice to see the wintry shots that come from over the water.

Ampersand said...

truly amazing. I cannot get enough of your macros and the snowflakes just astound me.

thank you!

concretegodmother said...

i continue to blown away by the uneffingbelievable detail and beauty of these shots! they're made more real by the fact that they're on your sweater.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

You are amazing gawdessness. The light.

Marlene said...

I SO love your snowflake photos. Amazing!!

marianne said...

oh my gosh! this is just totally exquisite!! I love your macro shots!

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus