Sunday, March 2, 2008

encrusted


encrusted, originally uploaded by gawdessness.

Friday night in.

Three kids and their Dad out for the evening.

My oldest daughter and I are going to settle in on the couch to watch Mythbusters on dvd.

First we hit the grocery store for the necessary supplies - potato chips and.... flowers!

A bundle of tulips, one of daffodils, gerbera daisies and two stems of speckled, p

ink, fragrant lilies.

My daughter helped pick them all out and then helped put them in vases at home, even rearranging them so that they looked just right.

And they do.

It was intensely good to spend that time with her.

This is the stamen from one of the lilies.

Canon Rebel xti, shutter 4, f10.0, iso 100, 100mm

10 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! I *love* it!

You have such a great eye.

A.

Ampersand said...

I always love your macros. This one is no exception. Great choice on the selective focus.

Ianqui said...

Nice detail! You did a great job on the focusing.

concretegodmother said...

gorgeous! it's a bee smorgasbord!

Scrivener said...

Very nice. Amp's right about your macro shots.

Billie said...

Beautiful macro! Love the colors and details.

Sandy said...

Beautiful macro. Love the contrast of the red and yellow.

jo(e) said...

I just love the soft colour.

Karin said...

Awesome macro!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Stunning! It sounds like a wonderful evening with your daughter.

About Me

Canada
gawdessnessatgmaildotcom

My pictures

Photo Quotes

www.photoquotes.com
When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life.
- Amy Arbus